Sunday 6 January 2013

Welcome to the Barnyard

My (not-so) little boy celebrated his second birthday yesterday and in honour of the occasion we threw him a barnyard bash with some close family and friends. Wesley is in love with all things 'farm' right now (I can't tell you how many times we are forced to sing "E-I-E-I-O" - more commonly known as "Old Macdonald" - each day!) so it seemed like a fitting theme. I'm a huge planner/list-maker/wannabe professional decorator and crafter so party planning is something I really enjoy. I get super into it, and can often go a little overboard - as my husband will attest to! Wesley had a blast and was so thrilled with all the barnyard touches (he appreciates a well-styled party even at 2 years old!) but my favourite part of the day was seeing just how well-loved my son is and how many wonderful, caring people he has in his life. It made me feel great as a mom to know that the positive influence in his life doesn't end with Brian and I. 

Here are some pictures of the day...






 


Brian thought the straw fell into the "overboard" category!
 
Thank you Pinterest for this beauty! There is a healthy carrot zucchini cake under all that icing!



My 2 year old! How did that happen??




No comments:

Post a Comment