Tuesday 10 April 2012

Roasted Salt & Vinegar Chickpeas

Back in highschool, my best friend Lisa and I would watch Dawson's Creek and, while doing so, devour an entire bag of Lays Salt & Vinegar chips between the two of us. I'm drooling just thinking about it! I love anything salt and vinegar, but I don't allow myself to consume copious amounts of chips anymore (very often!).

Here's a recipe for Roasted Salt & Vinegar Chickpeas. These are sooo delicious and totally satisfied my need for something salty and crunchy... in a much more healthy, high protein way! Bonus!

All you do is drain a can of chickpeas, put them in a saucepan and cover with white vinegar. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and allow them to sit for 30 minutes. Then, spread the chickpeas on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil (about a tsp or two) and then sprinkle with sea salt. Use your hands to cover all the peas with the oil and salt. Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for about 35 min, stirring once halfway through.

Such a great, simple snack!

Click here for the original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment