Monday 31 October 2011

The Lovely Pumpkin

Pumpkin epitomizes fall. The taste, the smell, that gorgeous orange colour.

I have pumpkin on the brain lately. Mostly because it's Halloween today and we carved our jack-o-lantern the other night (love doing that!) but also because I've been trying out some new pumpkin recipes. Last week I bought a bunch of canned pumpkin at our local health food store because it was on sale... what to do with 6 cans of pumpkin?? Well actually, there's A LOT you can do with it and it's so good for you; it has TONS of Vitamin A and potassium! I've been hunting down recipes and have found some really yummy ones - pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup, mix it with oatmeal (sooo good!) and today for lunch I made Wesley and I a super easy, super healthy 'Autumn Smoothie' which he loved!

Our spook-tacular jack-o-lantern!
Here is the smoothie recipe. Give it a try!

Autumn Smoothie

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 banana
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
dash of ginger

Blend together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment